Athletics Mission Statement
The Middle Georgia State University ("MGA") Department of Recreation and Athletics and its student-athletes, coaches and staff serve as a fundamental, vital, unified part of the institution. The MGA Department is fully committed to assist and fulfill the institutional mission of the College and by doing so it is the obligation of each member of the Athletic Department to promote opportunities for:
- Athletic excellence and achievement;
- Personal growth and leadership;
- An atmosphere for a positive athletic, academic and learning experiences;
- A place for diverse acceptance and interaction;
- Active association and participation with the University constituents including students, faculty, staff, alumni and the Middle Georgia community not only through athletic events but also through service and outreach activities
The Department of Athletics will provide a healthy, wholesome atmosphere for the growth of its student-athletes as persons of character, outstanding students, and talented athletes. Our student-athletes will graduate to become tomorrow's leaders by having persevered and achieved success through rigorous challenges in the classroom and on the playing and practice fields. The department is committed to nurturing a partnership and proper balance between athletic and academic excellence.